Every moment, unique in its own. Life is beautiful.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Request 2: Summer Adventure!

Gahh!! These requests are getting harder and harder!
I have been asked to post a story from an adventure from Summer, this has had me thinking soooo much! One, because, well It's winter here, Two, I get up to so much mischief that it all kinda blends in! haha!!

Well how about I give you a low-down (is that how it's said!?) of what my past Summer was like! So remember, this is around Christmas time for me...

Now, to put it all in context, I had just broken up with the Ex. A story to be told only if someone requests it, I don't need to retell it, but if someone needs to know it, then thats alright...

So, broken hearted, betrayed, rebellious, lost, living for the weekends of Summer, this is what I got upto....

I raised my standards, and I lowered them.

I gained sight of my values, and then would lose them.

I met many people,
Some who have stayed, some I've never heard from again.

One I saw from across the room, our eyes locked, we locked,
And we've been good friends ever since!

Another I met in unfavorable circumstances, which should have been the first sign, lol
 we had our many, many, ups and downs,
Let's just say, Karma did a scorpion kick to my head with that one (youtube scorpion kick!)

I had days of walking along the beach with a beautiful friend, taking photos, eating cheese and olives.
We'd walk by St. Marys Cathedral at night, drinking wine in the park!

I wrote, I drank, I hung with M. Jane and saw poetry come to life as I sat at the edge of the world!

I lived each moment, not one I would take back!

I danced the nights away,
As the Summer went on,
I discovered so much about myself.

I found myself again.

And although, there was no finding true love from another,
It wasn't what I needed,
What I needed was me!

My friends have been the greatest revelation for me,
Those who have shown me who they are,
Who I am,
They have shared with me moments I will cherish forever!


This probably wasn't what you were after, but to be honest, this is a rather poetic (but true) way of saying that I don't remember all the specifics, as it was half spent inebriated, BUT I will always remember it as the adventure to find myself again and the friendships that have blossomed over the Summer!

I know I've used this pic before, but I love it :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great Summer!
    I'm pleased that things are now working out well for you.
    Big, big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts never fail to touch me.
    Simply beautiful.




    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete