Every moment, unique in its own. Life is beautiful.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Request 1: Story about an Ex

A week or so ago I asked you all to leave a question, about anything you wanted to know bout me, my opinion or advice, whatever...
My first question I received was to tell a story about an ex..

This has had me thinking for a while!! What do I tell you?
Do I tell you only the good stuff? Or why they are an Ex?
Do I tell you I often remember the time we slow danced to 'Lady in Red' spontaneously in the dim light of his lounge-room, and it was at that point that he held me I knew I could spend the rest of my life with him?
Do I tell you that I gave him my heart, promised myself I wouldn't regret it, and found out I lied to myself?
Do I tell you that, after everything, I'd want to take it all back so I would never have to feel that pain again; Yet,
I am now stronger than I ever could have been without it.

Should I tell you what I have learnt of heartbreak instead?

Know your own heart before you share it!

Know what you deserve in life from yourself and others before you accept any cowboy's attention!

Know that your heart and soul can be so strong!

Understand that things happen for a reason, and although it may not make sense, they will!

Understand that time, takes time! Nothing heals instantly, this is your heart we're talking about!

Accept the emotions you go through! This is massive, the more  you deny or avoid what you're feeling, the longer it takes to get through it all, and you DO get through it!

Talk! Write, share, however, just vent what you need to say. It all helps! You may feel ridiculous or annoying to people, but you're not to those who care :)

Last of all, Let go!
Nothing good comes from holding onto negativity, or memories that hold you back. Karma is a wonderful thing, the more you are true to yourself, and have faith in the things you do for the good of yourself, the more you will be rewarded, just don't do things in expectation of Karma.

Life isn't a vending machine. You can't bribe it!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous28 July, 2010

    Oh God, this made me cry.
    It's so hard to look back at the moment one thought they would be together forever. It can also be very lovely, but sad.
    I have misses you. I didn't have my computer.
    All my love.





    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous30 July, 2010

    I totally agree with Tywo!! this was sooo touching!! thank you for sharing!!!! Im so glad I suggested it haha

    Im going to re-read this lol

    ReplyDelete