Every moment, unique in its own. Life is beautiful.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Why do I do these things?

It's been occurring to me more and more these days that some people, even my own friends don't understand why I do the things I do. So Let's try and clear some things up...

1) Why do I study, read, watch 'behind the scenes', watch interviews and news, learn new skills, and take the time to listen?
Put simply, I like to learn. about things, people, facts, events etc.
I feel that to be strong mentally, ignorance is your biggest weakness. I like to know as much as I can about anything. I study because 1, I don't give up just because I'm bored of it, 2, I like to feel accomplished and knowledgeable, 3, It gives me pride to know that I am learning a skill that I can pass on.
Knowledge is the one thing someone can never take away from you.

2) Why do I like to do "boy things" such as weights, boxing, wrestling?
To be strong physically, means you are strong mentally. If you can push yourself that bit further each time, or achieve a goal you set out to do, it is the power of the mind that will get you there.
I like to feel strong, capable and not held back by physical inability. Why should something be impossible for me to do just because I'm not strong enough, or because I am a girl? If I work on my body, I work on my mind, this leads to strength for my soul.

3) Why do I do so many things?
I sing, act, play guitar, write, study, draw, paint, graphic design, photograph, box, kick box, and more, simply because,
I try.
When given an opportunity to try something new, it never occurs to me that I cannot do something simply because I've not tried. Of course there are times when I mentally block myself, which only hinders me in the end. But a lot of the time, I succeed because I think it through what I need to do, and do it. It bothers me when people don't try something, telling themselves they can't when all they have to do is try!

4) Why do I say weird things?
I've not really noticed it, but apparently I'm odd, different, strange.
Ive no real need to answer this, because it doesn't bother me. It just shows me those who have not tried to get to know me.
I realise I can be seen as stand-offish when I first meet someone, but this is simply my own protection. Yes, it takes a while to get to know me, but for those who stick around know (At least I hope) that it is worthwhile.
Or, I say weird things, purely for the fact that I have a twisted sense of humor!

5) Why do I study by correspondence? 
I was in a long distance relationship for three years while I did my degree in Sydney. He lived three hours away in my home town. He did not want to move to Sydney, so I decided to do my Masters by distance once I graduated my Degree. I moved down, got a new job and full time study. Then we broke up after 8 months of me being down here. For reasons I am past now. I don't regret my decision, if I hadn't have done it, I would still be wondering what could've been and never have known. Now I know...
I've learnt who I am as a partner, a loyal, selfless person who would do whatever it takes in the name of love. I don't regret, I learn.


Well, I think that will do for now!!

Hopefully that cleared some things up for y'all! ;)

Stay True, Keep Strong
Beautiful souls.

3 comments:

  1. You are and do the things that you do because you are you. (If that makes sense!) What a boring world this would be if we were all the same and did things that were expected of us.
    You go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perk,

    Awesome, and a very valid recipient of this award, of which you and I are CO-Getters!!!!!!! Yeah--Thanks Alice!!!

    John

    I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perk, I've left you another award on my site!
    I thought that it would be a good idea of getting to know some new people. Some of these people are old friends, some new, and some that I have never given awards to before. But it's a good way of getting to know different people.
    Big hugs, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete