Every moment, unique in its own. Life is beautiful.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Call me Lady Macbeth...

Why is it that my body defines what you see me as?

Where is it stated that I am confined to your expectations?

I'm tired that in my journey to  become a stronger person
spiritually, mentally and physically, that stereotypes are thrust upon me with such slander.

Why is it that my breasts limit my capabilities, or my interests, or my attitude?

Why is it my gender is all people ever see, and therefore judgments of me are made accordingly?

I'm' tired of feeling torn between the simple things in life,
between what makes me feel like me, and what makes me feel who I should be.

Why do I feel like I need to justify the things I do, or the person I am?

Every week I am confronted with low expectations, stereotypes, and accommodating actions-
All because I am a female, and I wish that were an exaggeration!

UNSEX ME HERE!

Not for the purpose of not seeing the wound my keen knife makes,

But in the hope that you will see me for who I am,
Not what I am...

2 comments:

  1. I also get judged by how I look because I look different and that shits me so much sometimes. I wish sometimes that people would just close their eyes when they first start talking to me and hear me and not what I look like. I hear you!
    ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't waste my time on what a person looks like....it is what is underneath that counts.
    Besides, being original and a bit out of the norm is good. Be yourself and don't conform to what people THINK you should be.
    Don't be afraid to be yourself because there is no one else like you.
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete